Avery's First Ski Trip
We tried to capture every bit of this super fun "first" for Avery. Taking Avery skiing for the first time is something I've looked forward to since before she was born. It's probably because I have such fond memories of skiing as a kid and knew that my parents put Jerry and I on skies for the first time at three. Anyway, it was a great trip, just a short overnighter at the McNairs cabin and a half day of skiing at Sol Vista (a small ski area between Winter Park and Grand Lake). The weather was perfect, warm and no wind, I got a few tips from my dad on what to do and we had a great time. We followed his advice and made a very conscious effort to make it a really short fun day. We just tried to help her get the feel of our movement by keeping her between our legs and get the feel of her own weight on her skies (physics stuff I guess). I don't know how we did on the physics, but she had a great time, she seemed to feel very safe, never an ounce of fear, and she wants to do it again. All in all a very successful "first". Much better than the parenting foul I made last year sledding. Hope you enjoy the pics, don't forget you can click on the picture to see it in zoom, it's fun to see her facial expressions.


1 Comments:
SHE'S SO CUTE!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home