Daddy is My Prince
These pictures were taken a few weeks ago when Trevon and Avery were "play playing" (as Avery calls it) dress up. Last night we had an enchanted ball in our living room fully adorned with a castle, horseback rides through the enchanted forest, and a tea party with all the babies. It was so sweet, Avery and I were having a tea party and then decided to add the whole enchanted castle theme, Trevon came in and joined us for tea and when I suggested to Avery that she and daddy could go to the enchanted ball she ran to her room yelling, "come on Mommy, lets put on a sparkly dress...I want to wear both dresses, the pink one on top of the purple one...I want to wear those shoes (the sparkly red sequence Dorthy like shoes). Of course, I really got into it as well and added a glittery headband and necklace to transform the 2-year-old disheveled tea partier wearing only blue panties and a brown t-shirt into an absolutely beautiful princess-watch out Cinderella! Avery gracefully entered the ballroom and when asked, "who is your prince", without any hesitation, and with a sparkle in her eye, the answer was "Daddy". Avery waltzed around with her daddy to Beethoven, was dipped and twirled and even learned how to curtsey.
A treasured evening.


3 Comments:
I can just see them. What a joy to consider Dada her prince. I pray that last long. She is such a great young lady, and you two really stimulate her creativity. Love the entire look. I can just see her taking out all 13 dolls and putting them on their blankets.
What a beautiful night! Who would've ever imagined that Trevon would have such a girlie daughter?
This story brought made me get choked up. It's amazing how different it is to raise a boy. There are no balls at our house besides the ones that are thrown across the living room!
Keep up the posting; it's so great to hear the precious tidbits of life with Aves. :) Love you guys!!
Thanks for sharing about your enchanted evening. How creative to wear 2 dresses at once!
Post a Comment
<< Home