From the mouth of a 2 year old (well, almost 2)
So this morning Avery and I were talking about the day ahead. We started talking about our friends the McKenzies and discussed inviting them over to play. Avery said, "What's Taggart doing Mommy?" "I don't know," I said. "He's probably eating salad," she said matter of factly. Hmm? Random. It was 9am, no salad eating going on here. Last night she was taking a bath and working very hard to get one toy to fit inside of another. I told her, "Avery I think it will fit in the big cup." "No." she said. "Actually, it fits in this one." I mean really, where does she get these things. Lastly, tonight I had a few hours away for a run and a cup of coffee while Avery played with Taggie. I came home to, "Hi Mommy. HI! HIII! Welcome home mom! Bye Tag, see you later." Love it! Oh, a few more and then I'll quit. So, lately I've been taking Avery to hang out with her babysitter Kim on campus while I go to a Bible study. So I started telling Avery that I was taking her to college. As a result, her new response when asked the question, "Avery, where are you going (regardless of where she's going)?" is, "I'm going to college." Avery was a big fan of Daddy's old four wheeler, but not so much with the new one. Last week Trevon asked her if she wanted to go for a ride, "I don't like the foo wheeler, I don't like it, it's too loud for me." Okay. So I tried to do the peer pressure thing and I went for a ride and came back saying, "Avery, Mommy likes the four wheeler, do you like it too." "Mommy likes the foo wheeler, Daddy likes the foo wheller, I don't like it." Not one to follow the crowd either, that's my girl! When she says four wheeler, it sounds like "foo wheeler", but don't try saying it back to her that way. I said, "Avery, you don't like the foo wheeler?" "Don't be silly mommy!" she said with authority. She's become quite sensitive and reactive if she thinks she's being made fun of.


4 Comments:
So funny!
This child's vocabulary scares me sometimes. I will have to start reading dictionaries to keep up.
Those were great! Pretty amazing to get a glimpse of what's going on in her head.
What priceless little snippets of this little girl's life! I'm so glad that you shared!
Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of days!
Post a Comment
<< Home