The Playground
Here is the playground that Joel built for Avery. The yard now has a beautiful fence all the way around that Trevon built and I gave in to the HOA's socialist demands and moved the playhouse on to the playground as well (that's a story for another day, or not). Avery and I absolutely love to play out here. I actually think I enjoy it as much as she does, it's such a fun three dimentional place and it's been really fun watching Avery's creativity blossom. These days she always "making a cake" made of rocks and sand in a bucket or bringing me a "special plate" of Donald Doo's (for you Dr. Suess fans) rock "donuts". I've also seen her develop more coordination and a better sense of her balance as she's learned new ways to climb on the rocks and logs. It was so cool to watch her try and try to climb up the slide (the piece of wood we call a slide) and slip down over and over again. With a little encouragement she took off her shoes and grabbed on with her hands (butt in the air). As she slowly made her way to the top of the log, she reached the top, stood up, turned around and said, "I did it!"



3 Comments:
Do you mind if we use your idea in our backyard? It looks so cool. Great design!
Wow, that's so cool. Hope we can visit someday and join in the fun to be had in your own personal playground, Avery! How special!
I am truly jealous of the playyard! I've been scheming about where to build one in our backyard. I love it!
Post a Comment
<< Home